Training of Trainee
Regulations and Requirements
Note: (The Trainee can proceed to the Directorate of Training Affairs at KBMS HQ building Floor 3 should she / he need further clarification mentioned below).
- Upon receipt the list for admitted applicants from Registration Directorate; the Training Affairs Directorate will commence the embarkation of trainees.(دهست به كار بوون)
- Training Affairs Directorate preparing the of list trainees who are eligible for Part- I and Part- II examinations to be submitted and addressed later to the Examinations Directorate. Requirements for trainee‘s eligibility for Part- I and Part- II examinations are:
- Request to sit in examination form (فۆرمى بهشدارى كردن له تاقى كردنهوه).
- Training Completion form approved by Director of Training Center & endorsed by Program Director.( فۆرمى بڕوانامهى ڕاهێنان)
- Fee: The examination fee is ($ 100) one hundred dollars for each trial for each of Part-I & Part-II examinations. The fee have to pay to the Directorate of Finance in KBMS:
- Certification of Training abroad
- Thesis discussion approval
- Pass Form for part-I Exam or Exemption from part-I Exam
- Exemption from Part- I examination: Holders of Part-I MRCOG and Part-I MRCP who are apply to KBMS subspecialties will be exempted from carrying out Part- I exam (فۆرمي بهخشين له تاقى كردنهوه، بهشى يهكهم).
- The key requirement in acquiring KBMS degree is training for (6-12) months in one of well recognized Training Centers abroad; financially the training cost will be covered by KBMS. For more details please click on International Academic Relations.
- Upon completion of all requirements of study and graduation; Training affairs Directorate will provide the new KBMS Graduate Doctor with a Clearance Letter to be submitted by her/him to the Directorate of Examinations.(فۆرمى ئهستۆ پاكى)
- Leave Request: Evaluation of trainees and promotion (فۆرمى ههڵسهنگاندنى ڕاهێنراوان ).
- (To download click here ) رِێنمايى پێشێلكاريەكانى رِاهێنراو
- (To download click here) هەڵوەشاندنەوەى تۆماركردنى رِاهينراو
- The Trainer is required to complete ‘’Return from Academic Activity Procedure Form’’ upon returning and completing scientific activities abroad e.g. conference, symposium, workshops…etc.
- Program Director and Director of Training Center will nominate a Supervisor on the thesis of trainee before the end of second and third year for KBMS trainee in Subspecialties and General Specialties; respectively.
- The academic rank of thesis supervisor must be a Professor or Assistant Professor and should hold the highest degree in his/her field for those who are affiliated to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; while the supervisor affiliated to the Ministry of Health must have a professional rank of consultant physician who should hold the highest degree in the field of his/her field.
- The nomination request will be raised to the relevant Clinical Specialty Council; thereafter will be raised to KBMS President for approval and endorsement.
- Training Affairs Directorate will issue an administration order for appointment of Thesis Supervisor which was endorsed by KBMS President.
Protocol of Thesis ( available in the icon of forms )
- General Specialties: Protocol of the thesis should be submitted to the Thesis Committee, and then to the relevant Clinical Specialty Council, thereafter to the Ethics Committee to be endorsed later by KBMS President before the end of third year; the thesis should be carried out and discussed during the first half of final year.
- KBMS subspecialties: Protocol of the thesis should be submitted to the Thesis Committee, and then to the relevant Clinical Specialty Council, thereafter to the Ethics Committee to be endorsed later by KBMS President before the end of second year; the thesis should be carried out and discussed during the first half of third year.
- Upon completion of aforementioned steps; Training Affairs Directorate will issue an administration order including the endorsement of protocol of thesis.
- Dr.Sinan Butrus Garabet: Ass.Prof. internal medicine, Head of council of medical Faculty.
Dr. Saleem Saaed Qader: Consultant general surgeon, President of Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialties.